Monday, August 10, 2009

"We Shall Overcome" - Sung by Joan Baez, Lyrics by Pete Seeger



We shall overcome,
We shall overcome,
We shall overcome, some day.

Oh, deep in my heart, I know that,
I do believe
We shall overcome, some day.

We shall be all right,
We shall be all right,
We shall be all right, some day.

Oh, deep in my heart, I know that,
I do believe
We shall overcome, some day.

We shall live in peace,
We shall live in peace,
We shall live in peace, some day.

Oh, deep in my heart, I know that,
I do believe
We shall overcome, some day.

We are not afraid, Oh, NO!!!
We are not afraid,
We are not afraid, TODAY

Oh, deep in my heart, I know that,
I do believe
We shall overcome, some day.

We shall overcome,
We shall overcome,
We shall overcome, some day.

Oh, deep in my heart, I know that,
I do believe
We shall overcome, some day.

Joan Baez once said that social justice was more important to her than singing.
The cause of social justice, however, couldn't have a better voice than the
beautiful singing voice of Joan Baez. Here is an article about her in Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment