Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"It's Been Good to Know You" Woody Guthrie




CHORUS: So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh.
This dusty old dust is blowin' my home,
And I got to be rollin' along.

I've sung this song, but I'll sing it again,
Of the place that I lived on the West Texas plains,
In the city of Pampa, the county is Gray,
And here's what all of the people there say:

CHORUS: So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh.
This dusty old dust is blowin' my home,
And I got to be driftin' along.

Now, the telephone rang, an' it jumped off the wall,
That was the preacher, payin' his call.
He said, "Look at the shape that the world is in
An' you got your last chance of salvation of sin!"

So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh.
This dusty old dust is a-gettin' my home,
And I got to be driftin' along.

The church houses were jammed, and packed,
The people were stuffed from the front to the back
An it was so dusty that the
Preacher could not read a word of his text,
An' he folded his specs, an' he took up collection,
Said:

So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh;
So long, it's been good to know yuh.
This dusty old dust is a-gettin' my home,
And I got to be driftin' along.

No comments:

Post a Comment